The concert will feature the following:
- Performance by all elementary and secondary bands and our secondary choir as well as student-led groups!
- A SILENT AUCTION where you can bid on many items donated by our music department families and a plethora of local businesses – all proceeds go toward improving the music department
- Samples of coffee from Global Coffee – this is preview of our next fundraiser. You may place an order for some coffee ($15/bag) and $5 will go toward your music student’s fundraising account which they can use towards music trips, books, fees, etc.
- A food table full of finger foods – potluck like last time so please send something (sweets, chips, veggies, etc.)
- Purdy’s Chocolates pick-up – if you participated in this fundraiser and ordered chocolate. we will have a table set-up for you to get your order.
*if a student or a small group of students has a song prepared and would like to perform it at the concert, please let Mr. Renaud via email by SUNDAY at 3:00 pm.
Odds and ends:
- We are decorating the Multipurpose Room around 3:00 pm. If you have any Christmas decorations lying around that you don’t want anymore, please send them our way!
- If you have not sent in your family’s donation for our Silent Auction,please do so by tomorrow. More information on this in this previous email: https://mailchi.mp/7ff23c65b2f0/winter-concert-silent-auction?e=13aa9a50e0
- Please ensure your student has a proper UNIFORM. Students will not be allowed on stage if they are not in proper attire. More information in this previous email: https://mailchi.mp/7ff23c65b2f0/winter-concert-silent-auction?e=13aa9a50e0
- As our Food Table will be free again, we ask that you please send in something to the concert (chips, baked good, veggies, etc.). This was a hit at our last concert!
- Admission is BY DONATION to the music department, but we will also be accepting donations for the local food bank.
- Students are expected to stay for the duration of the concert.Concerts are the equivalent of term exams for music students; part of learning music involves performing as well as listening to other groups perform. Also, every group deserves a large and supportive audience!
SCHEDULE – WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 11th
7:30 am – Secondary Concert Band Dress Rehearsal in the morning (all marks associated with this particular rehearsal will be DOUBLED as it is a dress rehearsal. Please be there if you are in SCB)
2:45 pm – Concert Set-Up. All SECONDARY band and choir students are expected to help with set-up. If we all pitch in, it should only take us an hour!
6:00 pm – Massed Band Rehearsal. ALL Band students, grades 6-12 must be ON stage (in UNIFORM) in the Multipurpose Room at this time. Students should arrive early enough to have their instruments set up and be on stage to START rehearsal at 6:00.
6:15 pm – All parent volunteers please meet in the Main Foyer.
6:30 pm – CALL TIME for all CHOIR students to the Choir Room, in UNIFORM. Doors Open to the Audience, Silent Auction begins!
7:00 pm – Winter Concert 2019!
9:00 pm (or earlier) – Concert Take-Down. All students are expected to assist with concert clean-up. Concert-goers may continue to bid at the silent auction –the auction will close 30 minutes after the end of the concert. Winners may pay for and pick up their item at this time, or they may pick it up at a later date.